Thursday, July 19, 2012

Se7en Deadly Sins, Se7en Deadly Models #1

I don't want to eat the apple of mortality. The sins that we have committed stain the skin of mankind. The air around us is clouded with the murkiness of our crimes. Each of us an atrocity of our own. Weakness, lies, all within. Bubbling and festering from under our translucent flesh. Slowly falling towards the atrophy of our humanity we succumb to malice of our names. Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy and Wraith.
With the seventh month well under way I have finally over come my sloth like state. Breaking free from the shackles that I place upon my hobby. Pent up anger fuels my lust. Feverishly consumed by the madness of my avarice, I am unable to quench the desire for material needs. With several purchases to gaming companies well under way my mind scours for inspiration from which it is envious of. Refusing to be that of a doppelganger I pride myself on what I will create with my bare hands. Each one of these vices will be immortalized into their own individual creation. Together they will repent for their sin as Kill Team in the 41st millennium.
Not an easy task by any means but one that will provide a unique experience. I have study Dante's Inferno for both imagery and insight into each of the seven deadly sins. Not one for simplicity I have decided to layer a second theme over this project through the Chaos God of Death and Decay. A natural selection given that Nurgle's number of preference is seven. With that being said I hope to inject his love for morbidity, disease and physical corruption into each of the models. Their journey has just begun for we are now at the Gates of Hell. As we take our first steps towards the cantons a voice inside our heads whispers, "Through me you go to the grief wracked city; Through me you go to everlasting pain; Through me you go a pass among lost souls. Justice inspired my exalted Creator: I am a creature of the Holiest Power, of Wisdom in the Highest and of Primal Love. Nothing till I was made was made, only eternal beings. And I endure eternally. Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here."

8 comments:

1. Nice writing as always HOTpanda :)

2. Forge World order was place last night along with a GW one. Still need to buy some SWM bits for the icing on the cake.

3. I do love the idea of the seven deadly sins, I have actually thought about doing a chaos army of the seven sins, it would have 7 units in it, each one representing a deadly sin, couldn't really fit them all to each of the chaos gods though. Anger is obviously khorne, gluttony and sloth would be good nurgle traits, lust and envy can be attributed to slaanesh, Pride and avarice are hard ones. Pride could probably be slaanesh, and i guess avarice could be tzeentch, but it would really just be because tzeetch isn't much of a sinner otherwise...

4. What an interesting project! I am looking forward to seeing results, HOTpanda!

Oh, and I would argue that pride could very much be attributed to Khorne as well: There's all kinds of instances in the fluff where warriors ended up as typical blood knights due to the pride they took in their martial prowess.

And avarice could be Slaanesh as well as Tzeentch: Tzeentch because of his followers greed for precious knowledge that they can use to outmaneuvre their foes; Slaanesh because his(/her) followers are never satisfied with the sensual experiences they encounter, always hunting for something even more extreme...

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this develops ;-)

5. While I wait for my Forge World order to make it's way around the world to me I will be posting my concepts for each of the Sinners. If any has any input at all please be sure to pass them along to me. There may only be se7en models but the task is danting to say the least.

6. HOTpanda, I just realised that you could even have some of the "sinners" pledged to lesser Chaos Gods or to those who have been purged from GW's official fluff (*cough*Malal*cough*). Also, a couple of ideas, if I may:

Gluttony, Lust and Anger: These should be easy enough ;-)

Avarice: What about a twisted and desiccated guy wearing an extremely ornate and mastercrafted golden power armour, decorated to the point of absurdity?

Pride: This could be some kind of duelist, with a very slender weapon and an expression of sneering contempt etched on his face (I am thinking the bare head from the Chaos Termie Lord kit).

Sloth: What about a "Dark Mechanicus"-like model that relies on some sort of technical appendage (Mechadendrites or something similar) for movement so much that its own body has atrophied to the point of near uselessness?

Anyway, just a couple of quick sketches. Hope this helps ;-)

Replies
    1. I really like that idea for sloth!

7. Some great ideas you have there. Glad to see that this project has got the attention of not only you but other sinners as well. This week I will reveal what codex I decided to use and my plans for two of the sins.